Essential Careers: Set 5
Jobs in child care, hospitality, janitorial services, event coordinating, tech support, and computer graphics are always in high demand. In this very accessible series, readers will learn the practical details of these fields and how to make smart career choices in today's uncertain economy. The careers are examined in-depth, emphasizing the jobs' requirements in terms of education and preparation, duties, work environment, and employment outlook. Engaging sidebars profile professionals and their on-the-job experiences. Other topics covered include tips for putting together r?sum?s and writing cover letters and dos and don'ts in job networking and interviews.
• Supports college and career preparedness, which is at the heart of the Common Core state standards
• Includes interviews and tips from educators, trainers, and employees in the field
• Features samples of certification tests, training manuals, and guidelines from professional associations/organizations
• Sidebars and an appealing design provide text features that help students locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently
• Helps readers access the education they need for gainful employment and career advancement